Bowls are the new black! This one is simple, savory, layered and deeee-licious:
- Rinse, then pour 1 1/2 cups of Jasmine Rice in rice cooker. Add 1 can coconut milk, 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Cook!
- Heat 1 can low-sodium black beans on stove.
- Quarter 8 cherry tomatoes.
- Rough chop 1 handful spinach.
- Slice 1/2 bunch green onions.
- Fry an egg.
- When rice is cooked, cut 1 lime in quarters. Squeeze each quarter on top of rice, mix well.
- Layer in a bowl: rice, black beans, cherry tomatoes, spinach.
- Lay fried egg atop everything.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Before digging in: break yoke for a perfect "dressing".
Serve with a side of yams:
- Poke 2 medium-sized yams all over with fork. Wet 2 paper towels, wring out and wrap each yam.
- Place in microwaveable bowl and microwave for 8 1/2 minutes.
- Remove when cooked, scrape yams out into bowl.
- Mash with a tablespoon of Smart Balance or butter.
Recipe & 📷 by Richele